MORPh Consultancy Ltd are proudly working in partnership with
The Pharmacists’ Defence Association (PDA) is a not-for-profit organisation and trade union which aims to act upon and support the needs of individual pharmacists and, when necessary, defend their reputations. The PDA is the only organisation in UK pharmacy that exclusively looks after the interests of employee and locum pharmacists across all sectors of pharmacy, and currently has more than 27,000 members.
The primary aims of the PDA are to:
- pharmacists in their legal, practice and employment needs
- representation for its members
- seek to influence the professional, practice and employment agenda so that members can deliver high quality care
- and support initiatives designed to improve the knowledge and skills of pharmacists towards improved risk management, safer practice and high-quality patient care
- with like-minded organisations to deliver these aims
- insurance cover to safeguard and defend the reputation of the individual pharmacist.
The aim of Pharmacy in Practice is to provide:
- Dedicated information on pharmacy in Scotland
- News & comment on pharmacy issues
- Access to information & advice
- A platform for pharmacists who are providing excellence in pharmaceutical care
- A platform for pharmacy practice research
- A voice for patients to help us become more patient-centred.
If you have any news or views, information or advice or want to share great examples of pharmaceutical care then please get in touch.
A respiratory update to recharge the batteries
This year’s PCRS-UK conference , Building confidence in a changing world, being held 28 – 29 September 2018, Telford International Centre, aims to inspire hard working delegates to think differently and find new ways of working with patients and colleagues in a changing world.
Speakers will offer practical insights for improving respiratory care. The programme comprises: keynote plenary presentations, clinical updates, practical skills workshops, service development sessions, best practice abstracts and scientific research presentations. Further information here: https://pcrs-uk.org/annual-conference